Friday, October 17, 2008

flowers!!!!


oh my gosh! I was interrupted writing that last entry by the doorbell. I got flowers for my birthday!!!! A beautiful fall bouquet. here they are...Dorine, my "other mother" sent them to me. I lived next door to her in Shelbyville and she is my role model. she has taught me so much, cared about me, listened to me and been honest with me. I want to be like her when I grow up! she is an outdoors woman, a retired trust officer (man does she ever help me with business decisions!) a gardener and an over achiever volunteer for lucky Shelby county. she has four grown children of her own, I have lost track of how many grandchildren and her first great-grand child. and me. I am so blessed to have her in my life! AND she sends ME flowers on my birthday. wow. my Japanese friends are right, I am lucky!

I had better get back to work. cake is baked and iced. the clay is calling!

No comments: