Saturday, January 9, 2010

cabin in the woods


cold cold cold. the deer are moving. I have had a lot of animal traffic around the rabbitville farm the past few days. the birds are visiting the feeder and the rabbits hopping through the snow. yesterday a fawn, or the older version, visited my compost heap looking for something tasty. this morning two full grown deer ran through the pipeline. I haven't heard anymore sandhills, I imagine they are pretty much south now.

I have been kept busy finishing the snowmen. they have been my constant companions. bringing in firewood is my next occupation. Still, I love the warmth. this cabin in the woods is fit for me. it is warm, peaceful, and I love it. the isolation of it saddens me but there is little I can do to change that. it is, after all, a cabin in the woods.

No comments: