Friday, February 16, 2018

Time in Fountain Square

I was tempted south by warmer weather earlier this week.  I needed clay and glazes, but mostly I wanted to visit my son Ben in Fountain Square.  This is an arts district in Indianapolis and I really enjoy being there and experiencing the area, the food and the fun.  Ben lives in a beautiful older home with hardwood floors, high ceilings and a great big kitchen.  His studio is downstairs in his basement and is a cozy, creative space.  I took a few pix during my visit, but mostly I well...visited!

 This is Ben's cat Heimdall.  He is a great studio cat and frequently sits in Ben's lap while he works.  Ben has another cat named Porch Cat who is very shy, and a wiry rescue pup named Bacon.  Bacon is too active to photograph, but he loves when Gaga visits.  He always dances for me.



Ben is a landscape architect by profession and works for the city of Indianapolis, making their parks wonderful.  But he has been sculpting since he was very young and has always enjoying working in the clay.  I am so proud of his work in the park system AND the wonderful dogs he makes.  He throws on the wheel too, but right now we both are gearing up for the Spring Show Season.  It's wonderful to share my business with him and plan new seasonal pieces, shows and techniques.   

 






One of the most enjoyable parts of my visits to Ben's house are the delicious meals he fixes for me.  This time he prepared flounder in lemon and herb crumbs, wild rice and my fave, green beans.  We also ate at Edward's Drive In after we got our supplies and I ate my weight in onion rings.  Yummy.  

So.  Well fed and loved, armed with a fresh supply of clay and new glazes, hours of interesting talk about everything and more, I headed back up to the frozen north.  I loved my little art to heart getaway and am steadily back at work.  Thanks Ben!  I can't wait to see what you make with your clay!











No comments: